Be Part of the Pollution Solution
For most Marylanders, the landscape choices we make in our backyards and neighborhoods directly affect the health of our waterways. As more forests and fields are replaced with roads and roofs, stormwater has fewer opportunities to be absorbed and filtered into the ground. If we want clearer, cleaner creeks—we need to manage our stormwater better!
The Gunpowder Valley Conservancy (GVC)’s Clear Creeks Project: Our Water, Our Heritage, Our Pride is a grant-funded, citizen-based initiative to restore the water quality within targeted areas of the Gunpowder Watershed in Baltimore and Harford County.
The Clear Creeks Project provides homeowners, businesses, and other institutions with resources to take action for clean, clear water within the Gunpowder watershed—our connection to the Chesapeake Bay.
- Learn about the history of the Clear Creeks Project.
- Visit our community project page to see some of our large-scale success stories.
Since 2013, over 7,000 people have become part of the pollution solution by participating in the Clear Creeks Project. Join us and:
- Attend a free educational workshop
- Purchase rain barrel(s) for your property
- Submit a pre-assessment form to determine if your property is eligible for a conservation garden
- Request a Clear Creeks Project presentation by completing the form at the bottom of the Education & Outreach page
- Become a stream captain for your neighborhood creek or stream
- Learn about the benefits of adding native plants to your landscape
Questions? Contact Darcy Herman, Program Manager, by email or 443-296-5074 x1005
Where We Work
View the interactive map below to determine if you live or work within the Clear Creeks Project area.
The Clear Creeks Project has grant funding through 2023 to install rain barrels and conservation gardens in the following areas:
- Tidal Gunpowder
- Middle River
- Bird River
- Lower Gunpowder Falls
- Little Gunpowder Falls
- Loch Raven Reservoir "East"
- Loch Raven Reservoir "South"
Visit our Stormwater Best Management FAQs to get more in-depth information about the SWAPs included in the Clear Creeks Project.
Get more clean water for your dollar
Homeowners, businesses, and other institutions in the Clear Creeks Project watersheds are eligible for 50% - 80% discounts on Bay-Wise practices that reduce stormwater runoff into our local waterways. Beautify your property while protecting our environment and make a difference today!
- 50% discount on Rain Barrels ($35/rain barrel) and FREE installation
- 60% discount on Bayscapes and Edible Bayscapes Gardens
- 70% discount on Microbioretention Garden practices
- 80% discount on Rain Gardens
Sign up today for a FREE site assessment and our professional landscape design team will meet with you to determine which Bay-Wise practice(s) are best for your property.
Clear Creeks Project is funded by: National Fish and Wildlife Foundation; Chesapeake Bay Trust; Baltimore County Department of Environmental Protection and Sustainability; Chesapeake and Atlantic Coastal Bays Trust Fund, administered by Maryland Department of Natural Resources; BGE.