Get outdoors to support land preservation and clean water
The Explore the Gunpowder Watershed Challenge is a 45 day-long event where participants are encouraged to connect with nature, local businesses, and environmental stewardship.
- There are 3 Challenges that you can complete between May 1 – June 14 to earn a special “Gunpowder Explorer” embroidered patch.
- Each Challenge you complete will also earn you an entry to win a free pair of tickets to GVC’s annual dinner, Evening Among the Trees.
Our “Activity Challenge” is simple. Complete 45 miles of outdoor activity now through June 14th. Hiking, biking, paddling, riding etc…It all counts! 45 is symbolic of the 450+ square miles of the Gunpowder Watershed. There is no specific route to follow. Participants are encouraged to explore local trails or simply around their neighborhoods.
- Register online to set up your personal fundraising page
- Submit your mileage in our Google Form
- Earn virtual badges along the way when you’ve achieved 5, 22.5, and 45 miles of activity
#GVCExplore Outdoor Resources
Thanks to volunteer Sarah Bunk for sharing her AllTrails list of 129 hiking trails in the Gunpowder Watershed. Click here to view list.